Monday, July 31, 2017

Barking Lot Party - Logan's Alley


This past Saturday was pretty much my favorite day in recent history. We went Logan's Alley for an event that they were hosting with Dogfish Head and Paws with a Cause. Oh, and there were about 30 dogs hanging out in their parking lot for me to pet, so there's that.


We got there at around 1 and the event was just getting started so Mister (our giant lovable mutt) made his presence known by barking at literally every single dog and human in the area. He made quick friends with some adorable puppies and we took turns heading inside to grab some of the beers they had on tap for the event.


I started with Red and White, a belgian style witbier that was very refreshing considering how insanely hot it was outside. It had a bit of a citrusy taste which I'm a sucker for so I was game. John started with Festina Peche which he knew he'd be ordering going into the day as it's a great summer beer for those fruit fans out there.


I know it was a Dogfish Head event, but it was hot out and the menu had it (like always) so I had to order an M43 as my second beer. It is my favorite beer of the summer and it is my new weakness if it's on a menu. I'm just saying, if this juicy trend could stick around I'd be okay with that.

The best part about this event (okay, maybe second best behind all the dogs being there) was that it was for a good cause. 15% of the days sales were going towards Paws with a Cause, a charity that increases awareness and trains assistance dogs. There were a few PAWS dogs at the event and they were just amazing. Any time that I can combine drinking beer and raising money for doggos, sign me up.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nice blog post and for your support of this event and for Paws With A Cause! Our volunteers and dogs had a great time, too!
    Mary and PAWS Foster Puppy "Tucker"

    ReplyDelete